Tonight's conferences went fairly well. I, however, tried to make a list of every parent who visited. This worked until I was "slammed." All of a sudden my room was full, and all I could do was try my best to talk to parents and get them on to the next teacher.
Highlights?
* the parent that said, "You seem like a "real" person. Tell me is my daughter attending school with a bunch of thugs?"
* the child that wanted to attend summer school because life at home in the summer was boring.
* the two brothers that did their best to show that they were the better student as the interpreter tried to catch up
* angel food cake and brownies with dinner
* the student that admitted that now that he was behaving, I was a nicer teacher... go figure
* the student that has said he was moving for at least three weeks... he's really moving, and I made him come to conferences because I didn't believe him.
My list of Thanks
1) conferences going fairly well
2) hot cocoa for breakfast
3) as mentioned above-- angel food cake and brownies
Oh come on, give me a break... the thanks may be weak, but it's a conference day. Working over 12 hours does not leave a lot for which to give thanks.
Highlights?
* the parent that said, "You seem like a "real" person. Tell me is my daughter attending school with a bunch of thugs?"
* the child that wanted to attend summer school because life at home in the summer was boring.
* the two brothers that did their best to show that they were the better student as the interpreter tried to catch up
* angel food cake and brownies with dinner
* the student that admitted that now that he was behaving, I was a nicer teacher... go figure
* the student that has said he was moving for at least three weeks... he's really moving, and I made him come to conferences because I didn't believe him.
My list of Thanks
1) conferences going fairly well
2) hot cocoa for breakfast
3) as mentioned above-- angel food cake and brownies
Oh come on, give me a break... the thanks may be weak, but it's a conference day. Working over 12 hours does not leave a lot for which to give thanks.
Comments