Last night I arrived into Okoboji to see this snow blower type thing which was twice as high as my car throwing snow from the road onto the lake. I wanted to take a picture, but it was dark and the major contraption had a cop escort. As I drove, in the country, towards Dad's place, I was amazed at the high drifts, made by a higher power and by snow plows. This morning I put on my dad's camouflage overalls and went out to take pictures. It seems taking pictures of snow drifts and snow in general is not an easy task. The pictures don't show the enormity of the drifts. Five to six feet drifts circle two sides of my dad's house. In town every intersection and drive is sided by two large drifts taller than my vehicle. Trees are laden with snow. Although it's difficult to tell there is at least six inches of snow on these trees. I also found some corn and fed the pheasants who must survive in -14º below weather without any cover.
Comments