This morning as I was crossing the street to go to church, I conversed briefly with another couple making the same journey. My negativity escaped as I mentioned it being cold, icy, dirty, dark, and miserable. Maybe I was a little more polite and didn't use all of those words, but perhaps they were in the tone. It is in this part of winter when I need something to take me away from the eternal cold. Looking at the abbreviated bulletin, I was reminded that we had a guest speaker, Jan Richardson. Listening to her words and the music of her "sweetheart" made me feel a little warmer inside. During prayers I even gave a prayer of thankfulness for the service and its community. Walking out of church I felt revitalized and more at peace. Although I'm sure the sun was shining as I walked into church, it felt a bit warmer. Instead of being aggravated by the images around and the cold, I need to remember the warmth brought by the various communities to which I belong. Maybe I need a search for beauty and warmth.
This morning as I was crossing the street to go to church, I conversed briefly with another couple making the same journey. My negativity escaped as I mentioned it being cold, icy, dirty, dark, and miserable. Maybe I was a little more polite and didn't use all of those words, but perhaps they were in the tone. It is in this part of winter when I need something to take me away from the eternal cold. Looking at the abbreviated bulletin, I was reminded that we had a guest speaker, Jan Richardson. Listening to her words and the music of her "sweetheart" made me feel a little warmer inside. During prayers I even gave a prayer of thankfulness for the service and its community. Walking out of church I felt revitalized and more at peace. Although I'm sure the sun was shining as I walked into church, it felt a bit warmer. Instead of being aggravated by the images around and the cold, I need to remember the warmth brought by the various communities to which I belong. Maybe I need a search for beauty and warmth.
Comments