Today, the Sunday after Christmas, is typically celebrated as Peace Sunday in the church service I attend. We are given quite a bit of time for contemplation during this service. It was difficult at time for me to concentrate. For some reason the last week seems to have gone quickly and was filled with activities. Around noon I drove Dad to his ride in New Brighton and came home to silence. Instead of worrying about all of the things I needed to accomplish, I lit the remaining Christmas candles and read.
As I was reading, I remembered a quip I made as I was talking to my reading advisory the last day of school. One student wanted to know what would happen if they read five hours in one day. With lack of thought, I told them that they should get a life and find something else to do. Of course I recanted this comment and explained they should also get outside and play, but reading a lot over break would be wonderful. It seems today I should have gotten a life and gone outside more, but I did love the peace of the silence and reading.
As I was reading, I remembered a quip I made as I was talking to my reading advisory the last day of school. One student wanted to know what would happen if they read five hours in one day. With lack of thought, I told them that they should get a life and find something else to do. Of course I recanted this comment and explained they should also get outside and play, but reading a lot over break would be wonderful. It seems today I should have gotten a life and gone outside more, but I did love the peace of the silence and reading.
Comments