As my students are working on paragraphs today, I told them they could write about anything they chose. After this I added, "within reason." When one young man asked if he could fill in his paragraph planning map about penguins, I asked if he knew enough about penguins to write an entire paragraph with support and details. He said he did. For some reason, my mouth moved and words came out, "I bet you $10 you don't have enough information." I know. I know. Of course I added that it was a joke, but that if he had enough information I would give him candy. When he brought the planning map to me, I was humored, "Played with penguins? Have you ever played with penguins?" One of his main supports was "Penguins are fun to play with." His first example expressed, "It is fun to go down slides with penguins."
Ahh, middle school... Later a student actually wrote his entire paragraph about bagels as toys. He actually was able to come up with three supports with examples for each which I found a bit amazing.
Ahh, middle school... Later a student actually wrote his entire paragraph about bagels as toys. He actually was able to come up with three supports with examples for each which I found a bit amazing.
Comments