I became lulled by the mild November. In fact since I drive to work and merely need to cross the parking lot, I didn't start wearing a coat to work until Wednesday. Today as I walked into a building, a student was standing in outside with his arms open. "Hey, I love this weather," he exclaimed as he saw me.
My instant reply, "Really? I'm not a fan."
"The snow, isn't wonderful," he tried to engage me.
"No, I'm sorry, but I'm really not a fan," I said a bit morose that I couldn't feel his excitement.
I know I should be excited because the snow is beautiful, but I was getting used to the mild weather. Actually, I felt guilty because I really did want to feel his joy and enthusiasm, especially since this isn't the typical attitude for this young man.
My instant reply, "Really? I'm not a fan."
"The snow, isn't wonderful," he tried to engage me.
"No, I'm sorry, but I'm really not a fan," I said a bit morose that I couldn't feel his excitement.
I know I should be excited because the snow is beautiful, but I was getting used to the mild weather. Actually, I felt guilty because I really did want to feel his joy and enthusiasm, especially since this isn't the typical attitude for this young man.
Comments