I love my church book club. This evening we discussed the book, Listening is an Act of Love. As we discussed the StoryCorps stories, we also shared stories of life, love, and community. The conversation was serious, thought provoking, and uplifting as we realized everyone has a story. In my head, tonight's stories were juxtaposed with the stories of my students. They are writing the story of a picture they brought from home. Some are silly and some are heart felt. One particular young man is telling a rather difficult story. Although it has taken him a week to have the courage to write it, he started it today. May we remember that we all have stories to tell, but some are more difficult than others. It reminds me to take the time to listen to the stories of others before I make judgments.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments