As Dad and I prepared to go the farmer's market, I told him it could be entertaining today since a Neo-Nazi group planned on protesting at the YWCA (next door to the farmer's market). When we arrived at the farmer's market, every thing was peaceful, and I will admit I was a bit disappointed. While Dad ordered his crepe, I noticed a flier against the Neo-Nazi group. We asked the crepe people when the protest was supposed to start. They stated that the White Privilege workshop was supposed to start around ten, so we decided to make our trip to the hardware store and then cruise back past the YWCA.
Fortunately we were not disappointed although we were confused. I started taking pictures of the groups on the corners, but I was confused by the green arm bands and the black man standing with the group. When I noticed the man in pink, my confusion reached another level. Why would a Neo-Nazi group attract a black man and a man wearing pink? Lucky for me, the man in pink explained it. This was a bit disappointing because I was hoping the man with the stud and jean jacket adorned leather coat was part of the white supremacist group. We were notified the Neo-Nazi group had moved to the southwest side of the building, so we made one more drive around the block. It was worth our trip. Unfortunately, one of the men with a green arm band was acting not better than the opposing group, but it led to great pictures.
Comments