This has been an interesting week. Monday I probably should have stayed home, but my temperature was normal (97.7º). Tuesday I stayed home and was miserable. Wednesday I called my clinic to make an appointment, but there were no openings. After calling the nurse line, I was sure I had the H1N1 flu (Swine Flu). As I entered Urgent Care, I was asked to put on a mask making it difficult to breathe (BTW- I had brought a towel to breathe into as suggest by the nurse line). I was given chest X-rays and an antibiotic. The doctor, who had no bedside manner, was difficult to read. She said I had a spot on my lung that could be pneumonia. Her demeanor was odd, so I didn't ask too many questions. I did ask if it could be the swine flu, but she insisted that my temperature would need to be 100º. When I explained that the 99.4º was over the typical 100º, she ignored my comment although she did say I would get an antibiotic with the pneumonia and like the H1N1, I shouldn't go back to school until I was without a fever. As of today, I am still running a fever although it is lower than Wednesday. The good news is that I must be losing weight because I am eating little... Jamba Juice, fruit bars, tea, and soup.
Today I woke up to the news of Obama winning the Nobel Prize. At first I thought it was a dream until I read it online later. I do not believe that he has earned the prize. As others have said, I think he received it as much for what he said he would do as for what he has done. With that said, I hope Obama takes it as a "wake up call" and remembers why he was elected. The expectations for this president are high, and I don't know that he is living up to them although it is early in his administration.
Today I woke up to the news of Obama winning the Nobel Prize. At first I thought it was a dream until I read it online later. I do not believe that he has earned the prize. As others have said, I think he received it as much for what he said he would do as for what he has done. With that said, I hope Obama takes it as a "wake up call" and remembers why he was elected. The expectations for this president are high, and I don't know that he is living up to them although it is early in his administration.
Comments