Yesterday before my having dinner with a friend and book club, I went shopping for a pair of knee high black boots. I have a pair, but they are not real leather. After trying on at least eight pairs of boots with a very helpful saleswoman, I felt a bit overwhelmed and frustrated. The last two pairs of boots I tried on fit perfectly. One was $167 in suede. Although it fit well, it was out of my price range and in suede. The last pair of boots fit perfectly and were stunning. This pair of boots was $227 which obviously was out of my price range, but something inside made me really, really, really want these boots. Because they didn't have my size, I asked her to call another store (Mall of America). Those boots are sitting on hold for me at MOA. However, when I read my devotions last night, the verse was from Matthew made me rethink the splendor of the boots. “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these." Matthew 6:27-29 Maybe my synthetic shabby looking boots are OK, and I don't need to spend $227 on a new pair.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments