Today I left school and drove to Okoboji. Along with getting my hair done and my car serviced, I always try to spend time with wonderful friends. My J and I met as soon as I entered town at six o'clock. I must have missed meeting with her the last time I was in the area because we spent almost five hours sitting at a Mexican restaurant catching up. The discussion of politics was always interspersed in our conversation. At the beginning of our time, I told her I was pissed off (Yes, I used those words) at Obama and the Democrats about this health care reform without a public option, etc. She explained that Obama was taking the high road. Of course I replied, to hell with the Republicans, we don't need them, and she reminded me he is taking the high road. Later we talked about the possibility that one of the crazies would assassinate Obama and decided Biden would do a good job. Somewhat in jest I said I'd rather have Biden because he might tell it the way it is and not take the high road. As the evening continued, we talked about a variety of topics. When one of us said something a bit critical or snide, we decided Biden would be on a higher road than us. Many times we mentioned we were on the low road.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments