When the BPA warnings came out, I traded in my Nalgene bottles for SIGG bottles although I have also recently received a BPA free Nalgeene bottle. Today I found out that my SIGG bottle had a liner containing BPA. Although the older bottles have BPA, the amounts are not traceable according to a recent Treehugger.com article. SIGG is doing a voluntary exchange program. My initial plan was to stop at REI and Whole Foods to find a new bottle design, then choose where to exchange my bottles. First I called REI. The lady was a complete bitch. I asked if I could return my bottles, and she went into a small rant with the following questions and statements: 1) Did you buy it at REI? 2) Do you have a receipt? 3) Did you use your REI rewards card? 4) Do you understand it's voluntary. I explained that I had purchase my bottle from REI but obviously no longer had my receipt. Continuing I explained that I probably used my rewards card but was merely making sure it could be exchanged. She ended with, "This is a voluntary program." At this point I hung up and went to Whole Foods. Although I would have preferred more choices, it was easy to return my bottles with no questions asked.
My new bottles do not have dents! I have attached pictures of my new bottles.

My new bottles do not have dents! I have attached pictures of my new bottles.

Comments