Yesterday I was reading an Educational Leadership journal on 21st century skills. The article stated that people did not have the ability to multitask. Of course I disagreed since I find that I do very well multitasking. After all, I am posting to my blog, doing the laundry, and watching the Packer game. This morning I realized that I didn't necessarily have the ability to multitask after all.
I was watching the girl next to me color and hum along with the song (she didn't know the words). It was adorable. Of course I was multitasking by watching the girl and singing the song. Later the little girl had colored the word "serve" on her children's bulletin and wanted to know how to pronounce it. While mother and daughter were having this conversation, someone was reading something as part of the service. Suddenly I realized I had no idea what was said in the service because I was listening to the mom try to get the girl to say serve, not surf and not serv a. Mom was explaining the silent 'e' while the speaker in church could have been silent for all I knew. Maybe I have limits to this multitasking thing.
I was watching the girl next to me color and hum along with the song (she didn't know the words). It was adorable. Of course I was multitasking by watching the girl and singing the song. Later the little girl had colored the word "serve" on her children's bulletin and wanted to know how to pronounce it. While mother and daughter were having this conversation, someone was reading something as part of the service. Suddenly I realized I had no idea what was said in the service because I was listening to the mom try to get the girl to say serve, not surf and not serv a. Mom was explaining the silent 'e' while the speaker in church could have been silent for all I knew. Maybe I have limits to this multitasking thing.
Comments