The Harkin Steak Fry (United States Senator Tom Harkin from Iowa) has been covered by CSPAN the last two years. Since I knew it was going to be on today, I decided to finish my schoolwork while watching it. Unfortunately, CSPAN didn't cover it. Fortunately, I was able to use my school computer to do my school work while I watched Al Franken speak at the steak fry on my personal computer. Although it's always a privilege to listen to Al Franken, I was touched today by his intelligence, compassion, and of course humor. My favorite line was something like this, "The Republicans run on the adage government doesn't work then get into office and prove it." Periodically I've been checking Youtube for downloads from today's event, but so far I haven't been able to find a video.
Next year I plan on attending although the first weekend after school starts is typically one for relaxing and regaining my voice.
Next year I plan on attending although the first weekend after school starts is typically one for relaxing and regaining my voice.
Comments