Body Intelligence by Rumi
"Your intelligence is always with you,
overseeing your body, even though
you may not be aware of its work.
if you start doing something against
your health, your intelligence
will eventually scold you.
If it hadn't been so lovingly close by,
and so constantly monitoring,
how could it rebuke..."
This weekend I weighed in. My scale registered a two year high. Unfortunately this is not shocking to me. Of course I knew I hadn't been working out or walking. Of course I knew I had been eating at least two bite size candy bars a day. Of course I knew that my body was talking to me and warning me this was going to happen. When I weighed in on Sunday, I decided this was the week. This was the week I was going to start working out again. I even put the times on the calendar in my phone. Since I had plans last night, my plan was to start tonight with Body Pump at 5:30 and then continue with yoga tomorrow night at 4:00. Even though I've been "running on empty" since I was out of town this weekend, I knew I could start this week. Well, life happens. Tonight I returned home at 5:15 and realized Body Pump was not going to happen. Tomorrow I have a meeting after school and may not be able to make 4:00 yoga. Maybe it's time to take my body more seriously and my other tasks less seriously.
"Your intelligence is always with you,
overseeing your body, even though
you may not be aware of its work.
if you start doing something against
your health, your intelligence
will eventually scold you.
If it hadn't been so lovingly close by,
and so constantly monitoring,
how could it rebuke..."
This weekend I weighed in. My scale registered a two year high. Unfortunately this is not shocking to me. Of course I knew I hadn't been working out or walking. Of course I knew I had been eating at least two bite size candy bars a day. Of course I knew that my body was talking to me and warning me this was going to happen. When I weighed in on Sunday, I decided this was the week. This was the week I was going to start working out again. I even put the times on the calendar in my phone. Since I had plans last night, my plan was to start tonight with Body Pump at 5:30 and then continue with yoga tomorrow night at 4:00. Even though I've been "running on empty" since I was out of town this weekend, I knew I could start this week. Well, life happens. Tonight I returned home at 5:15 and realized Body Pump was not going to happen. Tomorrow I have a meeting after school and may not be able to make 4:00 yoga. Maybe it's time to take my body more seriously and my other tasks less seriously.
Comments