As I was driving to Okoboji, I received a message that said Reverend RD had left a gift for me at a local store. Rev. RD is a former pastor of a church here in Okoboji. Since he helped procure some crates for me years ago, I expected a crate. When I arrived to pick up my gift, I was shocked to see a plastic (sturdy plastic), St. Louis Rams, lawn chair. "Oh RD," I said to the lady who had delivered it to me. "It's certainly unique." I'm going to deposit it in the dumpster, but it is "the thought that counts." The gesture was very sweet. The chair...? Now I need to think about how to word the thank you note.
As I was taking the chair to the dumpster, I came into the territory of a protective mother bird, Killdeer. Typically she flies in the opposite direction and acts as if she is injured, but she didn't see me coming. I didn't see her either, so she let out a shriek that scared me. Instead of making a straight path to the dumpster, I went another route to the back of the dumpster.
WiFi Adventure:
Today is my last day in Okoboji. Actually I'm hanging out instead of going home to wrangle the cat in the carrier. My WiFi spot for today is Hey, Good Cookies! I was able to find a new WiFi spot everyday, but it was more costly than sitting at home using the internet. This evening I'll be able to use my own.
Comments