Although some have mentioned that it is a waste of the President's time to bring Gates (black professor) and Crowley (white police officer) together to talk about the recent confrontation, I am impressed as, of course, are those in the beer industry. I am not, however, awed by the choice of our President's beer. Bud Light? Certainly he could have made a better choice. Maybe it's political since it's an American beer but Bud Light??? It would have been a better choice to choose a DC local brew. My friend Siobhan's husband could have brought some of his brew to the White House. Gates had an interesting choice with Red Stripe, and like Crowley (probably only in choice of beer), I am a fan of Blue Moon. Typically I prefer a glass of wine or other adult beverage, but I do like an occasional cold beer. Bud Light is never on the drink list, maybe a Stella Artois, Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Blue Moon, or a local brew, but not the swill our President will be drinking this evening. Maybe I'll open a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale from my refrigerator and drink to this beer summit. My hope is that the problems of racial profiling and race in general is brought to the forefront. Cheers!
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments