After the last three or four days of miserable weather, today was beautiful. Nothing compares to the beauty and peacefulness of sitting on a dock in the sun talking with wonderful friends. Today was that day. It was enhanced by the pleasure of being able to eat both lunch and dinner at the Taco House with different sets of friends. If it wasn't for the brief health care reform/the United States is lacking religion/our country will soon turn into a dictatorship/... conversation with one of the women I was visiting, it might have been perfect. Of course this was brief because I have little time for people who are not well read and informed. Would it be prejudice to mention my friend is from Texas? The conversation went back to a lighter topic. At least I had the lake with waves and people to watch during the semi-heated discussion.
Internet Update
I've decided to make the lack of internet an adventure. Yesterday it was the Welcome Center. Today it's the Java Joint. Before church this morning, I stopped in briefly to check hours. The manager (owner?) said they closed at four, but that I could sit on the porch anytime and use the internet!
Comments