Today was my last day at work, and thanks to a helpful friend, I was out of work by noon. While playing golf tonight, the guys asked if I had any summer vacation plans. Of course I have no major plans, but I have plans for tomorrow. I explained that I am going to sleep until I wake up, by myself without an alarm, in the morning. My first day of vacation will be used to run errands that I don't typically take the time to do: get a new driver's license, change my furnace filter, buy new decorative knobs for my door, check into a gym membership at the Y,make a grocery list... Of course this is boring, but it's stuff that needs to get done and the weather is crummy. After all, I have the rest of the summer to do fun stuff. Later in the round I was asked if I could play in a scramble on Monday. "Sure. I'm on vacation!" I exclaimed. Next I went to put it in my calendar only to realize I have to work on Monday. Yes, I knew I had quite a few days in June I had to work but having to work on Monday doesn't seem fair. It makes it feel like a long weekend instead of summer vacation.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments