
With a little more than a week left of school, the kids are "popping" all over the place. When I arrived at school today, I posted grades. Since many of the students decided not to participate in the last two major projects, some of the grades were dismal. My first class is typically a particular tough group, but one of the toughest students has been working diligently on the last two projects. Her grade is an A. She was honestly surprised and excited when she saw her grade speaking rather loudly, "I got an A. I got an A. This is my first A." Of course I didn't believe she had never had an A, so I questioned her about it. It seems she's never had an A... I still don't really believe; my guess is it is her first this year or in language arts... Regardless, her excitement was the "high point of the day." Did I mention there is only seven days left?
Comments