
Since I already had the AC running yesterday evening, I decided to take advantage of it and bake cookies. After all, I have a new freezer to fill. Keeping cookies in a basement freezer has to be safer than keeping cookies in a kitchen freezer (refrigerator). Amazingly I didn't eat any while I was baking. I did, however, realize several things while baking the twelve dozen cookies.
1) Baking cookies gets boring after four dozen.
2) Baking cookies is messy.
3) The worst thing about baking cookies is it smells up the entire house... YUCK!
4) The smell even gets in my hair.
5) I have an oven light which is awesome.
6) I have ancient cookie sheets.
7) It's difficult to take cookies to a neighbor who isn't home, but it does disrupt his puppies.
8) It's a challenge to find something to cool cookies on when one doesn't get a newspaper or paper grocery bags. Maybe I need a cooling rack.
Comments