
Testing, reading, and baby ducks. What do these three things have in common? They made my day. Today I am spending my entire day (at least work day) monitoring a computer reading test. This means I have already read one young adult novel, perused scores, continuously checked e-mail, posted to my blog and checked on the baby ducks in the school yard. Although it has been fairly boring, I do feel I'm being creative and productive.
Only once did I get into trouble with these activities. While I was reading my book in the silent test taking atmosphere, I giggled (not super loud) when the main character had two questions for a priest: 1) Could someone who went to church have an abortion? 2) Could someone who was gay go to church? Of course she realized the minister probably thought she was talking about herself, the gay girl who had an abortion.
The baby ducks are probably the highlight of the day. In the courtyard there is a momma and her ten baby ducks. They are adorable. When the kids stop to look, they make the cutest comments and have the sweetest faces. Middle school kids with sweet faces at the end of the school year, this is good.
Comments