
As I sat down to enjoy a glass of iced tea and enjoy being free from my all day meeting, I looked up the word facilitator using dictionary.com. "Facilitator- noun a person responsible for leading or coordinating the work of a group, as one who leads a group discussion: Each committee will meet with its facilitator." The definition was as I had assumed, but after today's meeting, I wanted to check my understanding. Our facilitator is either a) not a facilitator or b) doing a below average job. I find it difficult to listen to people dictate the way things should run in the classroom when they have been absent from the teaching for too many years. At least I am fairly certain I am not the only one frustrated with the process since we had a "bitch session" on the way to lunch. The good news of the day was when the facilitator put her own agenda on the screen as if it was part of our discussion and another teacher "called her on it." The bad news of the day is we now need to meet again on June. This will make my work day total for June at eight days in addition to the scheduled eight days. Maybe I should bring the definition for facilitator with me.
Comments