In October I was bit by a dog. The blurry picture above shows the marks. Because glue stitches are on the deepest wound, it is difficult to see its intensity. Either because I'm a good person or because I'm an idiot, I did not contact an attorney. As time passes, I begin to question this decision more frequently. If the person in charge of the dog wasn't a friend of a friend, I'm sure I would've contacted an attorney immediately. Over the last few months I have had laser treatments (pro bono to help out either agency or person harboring the dog). Although they seem to be helping, the scar is quite intense. Today I went to see the doctor who has been administering the laser treatments. I left the office in tears of frustration. He thinks I should do nothing for two or three months. This could be quite costly to me if a) it is too late to see an attorney b) destroys my summer c) nothing can be done to fix the scar. My frustration has been controlled for a long time, but today it was a bit more than I could handle. IMHO I have been quite patient and understanding during this process, but I don't know how long this will continue.
In October I was bit by a dog. The blurry picture above shows the marks. Because glue stitches are on the deepest wound, it is difficult to see its intensity. Either because I'm a good person or because I'm an idiot, I did not contact an attorney. As time passes, I begin to question this decision more frequently. If the person in charge of the dog wasn't a friend of a friend, I'm sure I would've contacted an attorney immediately. Over the last few months I have had laser treatments (pro bono to help out either agency or person harboring the dog). Although they seem to be helping, the scar is quite intense. Today I went to see the doctor who has been administering the laser treatments. I left the office in tears of frustration. He thinks I should do nothing for two or three months. This could be quite costly to me if a) it is too late to see an attorney b) destroys my summer c) nothing can be done to fix the scar. My frustration has been controlled for a long time, but today it was a bit more than I could handle. IMHO I have been quite patient and understanding during this process, but I don't know how long this will continue.
Comments
As far as doing nothing, that is his opinion and doesn't mean you to agree. You should do what you feel is best.