The Serenity Prayer
"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."
I'm not sure of the origin of this prayer, but I thought about it today as I was home sick. Instead of purely focusing on taking care of my health, I also took some time to work on contacting the the foster parent of the dog that bit me. My goal was to set up a meeting with Animal Ark, the owner of the dog. My frustrations with this process are starting to become intense. First, Animal Ark has not contacted me once since the dog has bit my face. Second, my "out of pocket expense" hasn't been huge, but it adds up (driving to White Bear Lake for laser, plus $954 of my $1100 deductible). Lastly, since the scar is on my face, it's quite apparent to everyone I see and meet. As time continues, I think more and more about getting a lawyer. Although I want to "do the right thing," I feel as if I am the only one invested in this situation. Perhaps it's time for Animal Ark to have some investment since they were the group that fostered a dog that obviously "has major issues." Maybe I need the "wisdom to know the difference."
"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference."
I'm not sure of the origin of this prayer, but I thought about it today as I was home sick. Instead of purely focusing on taking care of my health, I also took some time to work on contacting the the foster parent of the dog that bit me. My goal was to set up a meeting with Animal Ark, the owner of the dog. My frustrations with this process are starting to become intense. First, Animal Ark has not contacted me once since the dog has bit my face. Second, my "out of pocket expense" hasn't been huge, but it adds up (driving to White Bear Lake for laser, plus $954 of my $1100 deductible). Lastly, since the scar is on my face, it's quite apparent to everyone I see and meet. As time continues, I think more and more about getting a lawyer. Although I want to "do the right thing," I feel as if I am the only one invested in this situation. Perhaps it's time for Animal Ark to have some investment since they were the group that fostered a dog that obviously "has major issues." Maybe I need the "wisdom to know the difference."
Comments