At 7:30 this morning I arrived at school for our 1/2 day workshop set aside for grading and preparing for next quarter. The committee I co-chair had a fifteen minute staff appreciation "get together" at 8:00. It took probably thirteen minutes of my time. I also talked to a colleague about language arts for approximately four minutes. Since I already had my grades finished and had no intention preparing for next quarter, I: reserved a book at the bookstore, started a travel blog for a friend, checked my bloglines, checked my e-mail, posted this blog entry, and chatted with a colleague about Passover. Although my morning has not been productive by work standards, I feel as though I have accomplished several tasks. Of course in the middle of my post, the phone rang, and I was forced to spend another seventeen minutes on committee work. This seventeen minutes was going to be used to tally and type up some results, but I'm sure it will wait until I return from Phoenix. My plan was to leave at 10:00, but I might leave now after all I have a book to pick up at the bookstore, and I will probably talk to people on the way out the door making my departure time closer to 10:00.
Hey, at least I didn't go into detail about my concerns about packing shorts and t-shirt for my vacation after not working out for seven months or about my excitement about finally having a reason to paint my toenails.
Hey, at least I didn't go into detail about my concerns about packing shorts and t-shirt for my vacation after not working out for seven months or about my excitement about finally having a reason to paint my toenails.
Comments