Paulo Coehlo is an author I enjoy. I also subscribe to his blog. Today's entry was interesting. A reader posed the question, "How exactly do you pray?" His answer:
"I pray three times a day - when I wake up, then at 18h and when I go to bed. These are conventional prayers that I do every single day - since I think that it is very important to be rigorous in the spiritual quest.
Having said this, I see myself praying many times throughout the day - sometimes because of an unexpected joy, sometimes because of my fears, sometimes because of a wish I need to make. More importantly, I pray through my work that I perform with great love, and through my life. To live intensively and with joy is the best way of praying."
I have to agree with most of this. Before I go to bed, I say my prayers which includes praying the Rosary for lent. This has made me aware of the promises of the ritual of prayer. In the morning I say a quick prayer to start my day. The remainder of my prayers are more spontaneous. They give me more of a "conversation with the trinity" type of feeling. Prayer is something that happens without much thought.If only all of life was as easy...
"I pray three times a day - when I wake up, then at 18h and when I go to bed. These are conventional prayers that I do every single day - since I think that it is very important to be rigorous in the spiritual quest.
Having said this, I see myself praying many times throughout the day - sometimes because of an unexpected joy, sometimes because of my fears, sometimes because of a wish I need to make. More importantly, I pray through my work that I perform with great love, and through my life. To live intensively and with joy is the best way of praying."
I have to agree with most of this. Before I go to bed, I say my prayers which includes praying the Rosary for lent. This has made me aware of the promises of the ritual of prayer. In the morning I say a quick prayer to start my day. The remainder of my prayers are more spontaneous. They give me more of a "conversation with the trinity" type of feeling. Prayer is something that happens without much thought.If only all of life was as easy...
Comments