International Women's Day is a day that has been celebrated for since 1909. It is a day set aside to celebrate the struggle for equality. Yesterday a woman at Ten Thousand Villages brought it to my attention. Today as I looked at my bloglines only two of my lines (Raw Story and Democratic Underground) acknowledged this day. Either this means the day is needed more than ever, or it means that people around the world feel that the equality has been met. I have to think it's needed more than ever. In my opinion I think we sometimes get too complacent and forget the challenges around the United States and especially around the world. Take a minute to look at this United Nations website explaining the day and history.
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments