Today was day one of a two day workshop/training/meeting (all day sitting on butt). I will admit that I enter situations such as this make me tense because I don't like to sit and listen. The good news is I enjoy the people on my committee, and quite honestly, the person that sometimes annoys me was not attending today. For some reason today's session did not go well. In fact, the listening part today was less frustrating than the group work session. During the listening part I was able to look at two new sites on the computer (animoto.com and teachertube.com). Our group work session was not as enlightening. One of the group members wanted an "agenda," which I though was already distributed, and basically took over the group. This would have been wonderful if: a) I wasn't a co-chair on the committee. b) She was a co-chair on the committee. or c) We didn't have a list of topics in place to discuss. Half way through the session I gave up, sat back, and let her "run things." Finally she realized that she was taking over and expressed her frustrations that the co-chairs weren't "running" the session. This gave me the opportunity to go back to our original list that I hadn't labeled or called "an agenda."
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments