I took The Trust Test in my Oprah magazine. It doesn't seem like something an educated person would do, but I admit to doing taking quizzes such as this frequently. My results were not necessarily surprising:
"You generally trust yourself with good results, but you have wobbly moments in new situations or when you're interacting with people who impress or intimidate you. When you begin to lose trust in yourself, stop. Breathe. Ground yourself in the awareness that has served you so well, and remember that this same feeling can guide you through even the most unfamiliar circumstances."
The results did, however, make sense for me. One thing I do need to do more frequently is "breathe." I also need to "ground myself" more often. If the results were absolute, they would have mentioned my need to pause and think before I speak, but maybe this isn't a trust issue. Today I started to speak several times only to pause and think of a way to make my point with less judgment and/or harshness (a word?).
"You generally trust yourself with good results, but you have wobbly moments in new situations or when you're interacting with people who impress or intimidate you. When you begin to lose trust in yourself, stop. Breathe. Ground yourself in the awareness that has served you so well, and remember that this same feeling can guide you through even the most unfamiliar circumstances."
The results did, however, make sense for me. One thing I do need to do more frequently is "breathe." I also need to "ground myself" more often. If the results were absolute, they would have mentioned my need to pause and think before I speak, but maybe this isn't a trust issue. Today I started to speak several times only to pause and think of a way to make my point with less judgment and/or harshness (a word?).
Comments