I have been waiting for a 1099(?), from my three days with the state this summer, which has not come. Although I am beginning to think I didn't make enough money to warrant a form, I still wait. This is good because even though I will have a refund coming, I want to make sure I don't have to file an adjustment as I did last year when I forgot the same extra income.
Today I realized it may be a good idea to wait because I received the following e-mail from my employer:
The purpose of this e-mail is to notify you of a problem that just came to my attention. The W-2 that you recently received from the School District is incorrect. You will be receiving a corrected W-2 in the next few days.
The problem is in Box 12 – Code W. The incorrect W-2 did not include the employee contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), only the District contribution. The correct version includes both the employee and the District contributions...
What does this mean? I think I'll wait for the new W2 before I send my taxes.
Today I realized it may be a good idea to wait because I received the following e-mail from my employer:
The purpose of this e-mail is to notify you of a problem that just came to my attention. The W-2 that you recently received from the School District is incorrect. You will be receiving a corrected W-2 in the next few days.
The problem is in Box 12 – Code W. The incorrect W-2 did not include the employee contribution to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs), only the District contribution. The correct version includes both the employee and the District contributions...
What does this mean? I think I'll wait for the new W2 before I send my taxes.
Comments