Typically I do not stay after school on Fridays. It seems sacrilegious. Since student led conferences are next Tuesday and Thursday, I told the students I would stay after school today. First I made it quite clear that I was leaving at 3:15 or earlier. As I was leaving the parking lot on time, a student came running across the lawn towards me waving and taking an assignment out of his binder. He had typed it at the public library across the street and wanted to make sure I received it before I went home.
As he approached I stepped out of my car and greeted him. He showed me his assignment which was not done correctly. Standing out in the cold with the snow starting to fall, I took the assignment from him and showed him what needed to be done. While I had his paper out on my car writing directions and corrections, a car pulled up behind me. It was a colleague who was not able to get out because I blocked the exit helping my student with his assignment. I smiled and said, "I teach; it's what I do." She understood, but it was comical.
As he approached I stepped out of my car and greeted him. He showed me his assignment which was not done correctly. Standing out in the cold with the snow starting to fall, I took the assignment from him and showed him what needed to be done. While I had his paper out on my car writing directions and corrections, a car pulled up behind me. It was a colleague who was not able to get out because I blocked the exit helping my student with his assignment. I smiled and said, "I teach; it's what I do." She understood, but it was comical.
Comments