Several mornings a week I say good morning or hello to a former student who is often waiting in the seventh grade hallway. Sometimes he grunts. Sometimes he ignores me. Sometimes he actually mutters a hi. He never has a civil hello. Since I'm a realist, I'm not looking for an enthusiastic hello, merely an acknowledgment of my greeting and perhaps a nod.
Today I was walking down the hallway and I heard an enthusiastic, "Ms. Moeller!" I looked back around the corner to see this student waving at me.
Of course I was caught a bit off guard. "J-- are you roaming the halls this morning?" I asked jokingly.
"I'm going to class," he replied.
We exchanged pleasantries then parted to go to our classes. I guess I received my acknowledgment of my morning greetings.
Today I was walking down the hallway and I heard an enthusiastic, "Ms. Moeller!" I looked back around the corner to see this student waving at me.
Of course I was caught a bit off guard. "J-- are you roaming the halls this morning?" I asked jokingly.
"I'm going to class," he replied.
We exchanged pleasantries then parted to go to our classes. I guess I received my acknowledgment of my morning greetings.
Comments