
A colleague and I were discussing curriculum and our hectic schedules today. Although this week is a bit intense with two nights of conferences, we both shared our plan of attending Ash Wednesday service (different churches, same message). "I have to admit that I enjoy Lent," she stated. With agreement I shared my decision to pray the Rosary during this Lenten season. Enjoyment may not be the word, but I do appreciate the intensity and reverence this season brings. Preparation for the celebration of East is a path of repenting and praying. This year my path will include mediation and praying the Rosary. Because I feel Lent should be a time to discard those feelings that hinder my spiritual growth, I find my path appropriate. My chosen path for Lent will bring its own challenges mainly that of reserving time for reflection. This is fitting since Lent is also a time to remember the challenges of Jesus as he prepared for the crucifixion.
Comments