We're getting ready for a party!!! Tomorrow is the concert (We Are One: Opening Inaugural Ceremonies at the Lincoln Memorial). Today as I was walking the mall, I was able to stop and listen to John Cougar Mellencamp warm up. He's singing Pink Houses (cuz they told me, when I was younger Boy, you're gonna be president). Listening to him practice this line brought tears to my eyes. Man am I a softy! Although it was cold, there was an energy that filled the mall. People are "fired up."
The preparations are amazing. Jumbotron screens are going up. Porta Potties are in place. The Pepsi trucks are lining up. Security is walking around. Even with all of the excitement and anticipation, people are super polite and friendly.
BTW- I also visited the Newseum, Holocaust Musuem, and many monuments. I did take pictures, but I think you can find similar pictures on the web. My preparation pictures tell more of the story. May I also add my accommodations are incredible!!! S and R are treating me like a princess.
Comments