I've been thinking of a recent e-mail I received about my trip to the inauguration. "Did you have any brushes with fame?" a friend asked. In my response I mentioned passing Glenn Close on the street and watching Mellencamp's sound check. The truth is I had multiple brushes with fame. Maybe it's not fame as much as greatness. To me the inauguration wasn't only about Barack Obama; it was about the people. It's the sobbing lady that said now her son can have a bigger dream then merely being a professional basketball or football player. It was the incredible people working at the Newseum that remained friendly throughout large crowds. It was the gentleman on the Metro that helped people although he seemed frustrated that he wasn't going to get to work on time. It was the people who used Barack Obama's words from his speech to help calm the crowd. It was the ladies who helped protect L and O from being trampled. It was the two million people who joined together on The Mall without incident. It was the people who laughed and cried as history was being made.
Barack Obama is counting on the greatness of this country as he begins first term as President. It is our job to follow through. I'm sure there will be sacrifices, but I am ready to make those sacrifices. My hope is people will continue to work together for the good of this country and the world.
Barack Obama is counting on the greatness of this country as he begins first term as President. It is our job to follow through. I'm sure there will be sacrifices, but I am ready to make those sacrifices. My hope is people will continue to work together for the good of this country and the world.
Comments