While I'm certain I did not read 95 books this year as Dick Cheney said he read, I am would also question whether or not the man did indeed read 95 books. This, of course, is my prejudice since I find the man to be evil and a liar. As I was perusing the books I had to the side of my blog, I decided to see if I could figure out what I did indeed read this year. Although I couldn't really compile a list (one thing I'm working on for next year), I did choose five that were my favorites.
1. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
All I can say is Wally Lamb knows how to weave a story!!
2. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
I think it's Russo's characterization that made this book so good.
3. Zahir by Paulo Coelho
I really enjoy the spiritual quest and storyline of his novels. This is my favorite.
4. The Attack by Yasmina Khadra
This was fast paced and full of action... an easy read and a must read.
5. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David David Wroblewski
Although this book has mixed reviews, I fell into the story.
"I read some good books that summer, along with a great number of bad ones, and I liked them all." from The Risk Pool by Richard Russo
Happy New Year everyone!!! Keep reading!
1. The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb
All I can say is Wally Lamb knows how to weave a story!!
2. Bridge of Sighs by Richard Russo
I think it's Russo's characterization that made this book so good.
3. Zahir by Paulo Coelho
I really enjoy the spiritual quest and storyline of his novels. This is my favorite.
4. The Attack by Yasmina Khadra
This was fast paced and full of action... an easy read and a must read.
5. The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David David Wroblewski
Although this book has mixed reviews, I fell into the story.
"I read some good books that summer, along with a great number of bad ones, and I liked them all." from The Risk Pool by Richard Russo
Happy New Year everyone!!! Keep reading!
Comments