
Earlier this school year our principals gave us a "Get out of Class Free" card, similar to the Monopoly "Get out of Jail Free." We were told we could use it as we chose. The stipulation was they would come into our classroom and talk to the students. They had questions and conversations they wanted to have with the students. I was quite certain I wouldn't use mine because I hate being away from my classroom and like to monitor what's being taught. After the e-mail from yesterday's sub, I decided to use it today for the one class that behaved. Since I felt miserable today (and still do), I knew I wouldn't be a good teacher, so I left my class to the principal. While he talked with my students, I sat in the team room and corrected papers I hadn't felt up to correcting... a "win-win" situation.
Comments