A year ago tomorrow I sat in an Iowa gym and listened to Barack Obama and spoke with him. When he came to Minneapolis, I waited hours outside and inside the Target Center to listen to him again. Over the last year I have followed his campaign and finally had the opportunity to vote for him.
A couple of weeks ago I sent an e-mail to my friend in Washington DC and asked if she had tickets for me to attend the Inaugural festivities. Late last week she e-mailed and said I should come. She mentioned that she had no tickets but had a spare room and bathroom for me. After doing some checking, I realized I had enough vacation days and frequent flier miles to make the trip. I haven't been to Washington DC as an adult, and now I will spend a long weekend (short week) enjoying the city with a million other tourists. Together we will stand on the mall and celebrate the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.
A couple of weeks ago I sent an e-mail to my friend in Washington DC and asked if she had tickets for me to attend the Inaugural festivities. Late last week she e-mailed and said I should come. She mentioned that she had no tickets but had a spare room and bathroom for me. After doing some checking, I realized I had enough vacation days and frequent flier miles to make the trip. I haven't been to Washington DC as an adult, and now I will spend a long weekend (short week) enjoying the city with a million other tourists. Together we will stand on the mall and celebrate the 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.
Comments