This year at school I am co-chair on a Positive Behavior Interventions System (PBIS) committee. It seems I've had more complaints since this started instead of less. Although I admit I do love to know what people are thinking, it seems the same people always complain the loudest. Of course I'm not opposed to complaining, but I typically take it straight to administration (or to my problem).
One thing the committee is trying to do is acknowledge the staff with quick ten minute celebratory meetings with treats. This should not insight complaining. It seems the toughest part of this is finding an acceptable date. This morning as I had only recently arrived at school, a fellow colleague stopped to complain about the next chosen date. He complained about his hectic schedule and his inability to make the meeting (ten minutes during contract time... celebratory!). This continued for awhile including how it was about him (and his incredibly busy schedule) until he finished with, "until December 25 then it's all about Jesus."
Although it doesn't come across in this blog, it was hilarious. Whine, whine, whine, Jesus... What am I missing here?
One thing the committee is trying to do is acknowledge the staff with quick ten minute celebratory meetings with treats. This should not insight complaining. It seems the toughest part of this is finding an acceptable date. This morning as I had only recently arrived at school, a fellow colleague stopped to complain about the next chosen date. He complained about his hectic schedule and his inability to make the meeting (ten minutes during contract time... celebratory!). This continued for awhile including how it was about him (and his incredibly busy schedule) until he finished with, "until December 25 then it's all about Jesus."
Although it doesn't come across in this blog, it was hilarious. Whine, whine, whine, Jesus... What am I missing here?
Comments