As I pursue my option for scar removal, I am educated in another way of life where looks are of primary importance. My trip to the plastic surgeon was the start. While I was in Okoboji, I had a laser treatment given by the lady who does my acupuncture. She is knowledgeable, kind, and relaxing. Yesterday I went to a skin and laser center. Although the were knowledgeable, I would not use the word relaxing. The brochure they gave me was similar to card stock, and it was full of women trying to look younger. I will be the first to admit getting older scares me, but I don't think I'd go to these extremes.
As I walked in, a lady with a tomato sitting on her shoulders (Maybe it was her face, but it looked like a huge tomato.) was coming into the waiting area and being greeted by her husband. My guess is the couple was in their sixties. The assistant told the husband that he would have a twenty year old... gross! When they took me back, they seemed much more concerned about my skin regiment and less concerned with the dog bite scar. After explaining to me about their wondrous product, I was left to wait longer for the doctor. While I waited, I perused the brochure talking about financing. Are people buying a car or treating their skin?
Both the plastic surgeon I saw earlier and the doctor I saw yesterday were helpful and knowledgeable yet with both I had a feeling they would be happier if I was getting a face lift and more concerned about my wrinkles. They will have to settle for working with the dog bite scar for now. If it goes any further, I am looking for someone to kick my butt and question my sanity.
As I walked in, a lady with a tomato sitting on her shoulders (Maybe it was her face, but it looked like a huge tomato.) was coming into the waiting area and being greeted by her husband. My guess is the couple was in their sixties. The assistant told the husband that he would have a twenty year old... gross! When they took me back, they seemed much more concerned about my skin regiment and less concerned with the dog bite scar. After explaining to me about their wondrous product, I was left to wait longer for the doctor. While I waited, I perused the brochure talking about financing. Are people buying a car or treating their skin?
Both the plastic surgeon I saw earlier and the doctor I saw yesterday were helpful and knowledgeable yet with both I had a feeling they would be happier if I was getting a face lift and more concerned about my wrinkles. They will have to settle for working with the dog bite scar for now. If it goes any further, I am looking for someone to kick my butt and question my sanity.
Comments