Currently I am sitting listening to a speaker at a Positive Behavior workshop. He has been talking AT us for over an hour. When he did give us a chance to break into small groups, he cut us short. As I am sitting here about ready to implode, I am amazed that more teachers in this room are not revolting.
It's not like I haven't learned anything today. It has definitely reinforced the understanding that lectures really don't engage students. The speaker has stood in front of the room with his overhead and microphone. Not once has he moved around the room although he does have a wireless microphone. This has reinforced the premise that walking around the room is beneficial.
At one point a member of my group asked, "What does he see when he looks out at this room?" The answer is he sees NOTHING! It is frustrating to have someone talk about positive behavior and relationships when he seems to know little about both. To his credit he is dispersing information on data although this could have (should have) been done in ten minutes.
It's not like I haven't learned anything today. It has definitely reinforced the understanding that lectures really don't engage students. The speaker has stood in front of the room with his overhead and microphone. Not once has he moved around the room although he does have a wireless microphone. This has reinforced the premise that walking around the room is beneficial.
At one point a member of my group asked, "What does he see when he looks out at this room?" The answer is he sees NOTHING! It is frustrating to have someone talk about positive behavior and relationships when he seems to know little about both. To his credit he is dispersing information on data although this could have (should have) been done in ten minutes.
Comments