This morning after a dog bite to the face, I had the opportunity to spend an hour in the ER. As I was waiting (and waiting I did), I thought about the numerous people who use the ER because they have no insurance. Our healthcare system does need reform. It's more than the insurance companies and drug companies, our healthcare providers need reform. Without giving you a run down of my impatience with my visit the the ER (from check in to examination), I want to remind people that the hospitals are also "big business." This summer Blue Cross and Fairview were at odds. IMHO both need to come down on their expenses and the expenses to their patients. We, Americans, need a healthcare system that works without costing a fortune. Who can make this change? Barack Obama... thanks for asking! In 17 days, we can make a change. Vote Obama!
Comments