
Today was a difficult day. One of the major reasons had to do with the fact I had to work after a four day weekend. The kids were a bit crazy as they adapted back to school. My cheek was a bit tender and wasn't sure that moving all day as I talked was the greatest thing. Things became more crazy and tense when I checked my e-mail tonight. I was forwarded an "Open Letter to Barack Obama." After reading the first two lines I had to pause and breathe. The women who sent this blasphemous letter at one point didn't have health insurance, and at one point I believe was near bankruptcy even though her and her husband work. Instead of reading the entire letter, I skimmed enough to send a response.
L-
I was quite disturbed by this e-mail. As a Christian, a middle class citizen, someone who struggles with health care cost, someone who works her butt off in our education system, I find this person ignorant. There are no facts to support this rage. Please refrain from forwarding any messages like this one that are so full of hate.
I think you are a wonderful person, and it surprises me that you would share these views.
The response was not well thought out or well written, but I was freaked out by the initial forward and felt the need to say something. What are these people thinking??? If anyone should be voting Dem, it's this lady!! Remember when Obama was taken out of context about desperate people holding on to their guns and religion? Although it was taken out of context, I find it somewhat true!
Comments