Tonight while having dinner with some friends, someone asked about my new commute. I explained that even though it is only 2.2 miles further, it takes at least fifteen minutes longer. "How can this be?" she asked. After giving it some thought, I replied that it must be the extra stoplights. On the way home this evening, I counted the lights. From my old residence to my new residence, there are eight lights (nine going home... eight going to work). Oh, this explains it. It's not the bridge (pictured above); it's the lights.
Tonight while having dinner with some friends, someone asked about my new commute. I explained that even though it is only 2.2 miles further, it takes at least fifteen minutes longer. "How can this be?" she asked. After giving it some thought, I replied that it must be the extra stoplights. On the way home this evening, I counted the lights. From my old residence to my new residence, there are eight lights (nine going home... eight going to work). Oh, this explains it. It's not the bridge (pictured above); it's the lights.
Comments