The truth is that I have become a bit addicted to Facebook. One of the applications I've added is "Send Good Karma." I'll admit it's completely silly. One sends someone good karma (health, peace, goodness, happiness, etc.) and get points in return. People can also send you good karma which show up as icons on your profile. Although it's not quite the same as doing something nice for someone and getting something nice in return, it's a way to say, "Hey!" After all, I think Karma is more of a feeling than anything.
This morning in church I thought of good karma. The gentleman who sat next to me talked about how important the church community was to him. He mentioned that people at this service always made him feel welcome. I first met him when we seemed to be at the same stop light heading to church multiple weeks in a row. Since we were going to the same place, we walked together. Later I realized he was one of the people helped by the Dignity Center (helps homeless and working poor with jobs, housing, transportation, etc.). People helping people, that's good karma. Maybe good karma is also as simple as making people feel welcome and feel a part of something.
I'm sending good karma to everyone as they read this post.
This morning in church I thought of good karma. The gentleman who sat next to me talked about how important the church community was to him. He mentioned that people at this service always made him feel welcome. I first met him when we seemed to be at the same stop light heading to church multiple weeks in a row. Since we were going to the same place, we walked together. Later I realized he was one of the people helped by the Dignity Center (helps homeless and working poor with jobs, housing, transportation, etc.). People helping people, that's good karma. Maybe good karma is also as simple as making people feel welcome and feel a part of something.
I'm sending good karma to everyone as they read this post.
Comments