This year we have a "high deductible" insurance policy at school which will eventually mean more "out of pocket" money for me. I decided it would make sense to get my acupuncture covered by insurance, so I called to find out how to do it. There were three steps, two of which I had completed and had enough evidence to prove. The third was to have at least two psychotherapy sessions. I figured those two sessions would cost more than my acupuncture, and there would be "no guarantees." Instead of getting psychotherapy, I decided to put money in the health savings portion of our new plan. As I was making this decision, my friend J found me a therapist. He doesn't cost much, but I'm not sure insurance will find him satisfactory for the third step.
I will say after sitting in a meeting/learning session from 8:30 to 4:00 today with colleagues, I need a therapist. Maybe I should have brought him along to debrief during lunch. Tomorrow I'll think about taking him to the second day, but I'm not sure if I have enough ones and quarters to get him on the bus.
Comments