Last year I had a heavenly time picking strawberries and enjoying them all year long. Today with one sandwich bag of frozen strawberries left, I enjoyed another day of picking strawberries (thanks J). The strawberries were beautiful, and it wasn't too buggy. After some time cleaning the berries and removing the tops, I have bags of frozen strawberries in the freezer. For some reason I had to get creative when freezing the berries on cookie sheets before placing them in quart freezer bags. If I have time later in the week, I may go back for more. I will definitely try to pick raspberries at the end of the season.
Last year I had a heavenly time picking strawberries and enjoying them all year long. Today with one sandwich bag of frozen strawberries left, I enjoyed another day of picking strawberries (thanks J). The strawberries were beautiful, and it wasn't too buggy. After some time cleaning the berries and removing the tops, I have bags of frozen strawberries in the freezer. For some reason I had to get creative when freezing the berries on cookie sheets before placing them in quart freezer bags. If I have time later in the week, I may go back for more. I will definitely try to pick raspberries at the end of the season.
Comments