
When I first wanted a new refrigerator, range, and dishwasher, I wanted to buy them for $1800. Although I thought about delivery, installation, and hauling away of old appliances, I didn't think about sales tax (higher in Minneapolis). Last night I reevaluated my finances and decided $2000 would be my budget for new appliances. I am pleased to say that in 1 1/2 hours (including drive and visiting two locations not including internet time, etc.) I looked at and purchased appliances a wee bit under budget.
We started as Sears with a helpful and knowledgeable sales person. It helped that Dad was in the appliance business at one time and had recently talked to one of his former employees about current models, features, etc. Upon recommendation of a friend, we went to Appliance Smart which took five minutes... OMG! After quick discussion and thought, we went back to Sears and purchased the appliances. I could have followed through with my original budget of $1800 easily, but I went a little higher end. My refrigerator has an ice maker and a bottom freezer. The dishwasher has a grinder. Although my stove has some added features, it probably won't be used enough to discuss. With delivery, installation, removal, and tax included, I did quite well (Thanks Dad!!).
My next venture is to buy a bed... maybe tomorrow. I hate to shop, especially for high priced items, so today was wonderful. If I can accomplish this as quickly as my furniture and appliances, I'll be ready to stress more over packing!
Comments