While I was in Montana, I checked my Bloglines every morning at the Montana Coffee Traders. I believe it was Saturday morning when I read of Tim Russert's (Meet the Press) passing. Although I do not watch Meet the Press, I watch him frequently on Countdown with Keith Olbermann. He always seemed like "the boy next door." His political knowledge and integrity were refreshing. Since I was fairly certain my vacation mates would not know Tim Russert or at least not feel the same about him as I did, I didn't talk about my thoughts and the news.
Today, after watching a brief excerpt of his farewell on the local news, I asked my dad if he watched it. He said he did not watch it since he had been watching news flashes all week. Tonight after golf I was ready for a shower and bed. Instead of going directly to bed after my shower, I watched Keith Olbermann. After Olbermann mentioned the rebroadcast of the memorial, I set the sleep timer for sixty minutes and started watching. When the sleep timer turned the television black, I quickly reached for the remote to watch it in its entirety. Although I need my sleep I was touched by the ceremony. On election night I will miss the coverage of Tim Russert.
Now I know I spend too much time watching politics and political analysts.
Today, after watching a brief excerpt of his farewell on the local news, I asked my dad if he watched it. He said he did not watch it since he had been watching news flashes all week. Tonight after golf I was ready for a shower and bed. Instead of going directly to bed after my shower, I watched Keith Olbermann. After Olbermann mentioned the rebroadcast of the memorial, I set the sleep timer for sixty minutes and started watching. When the sleep timer turned the television black, I quickly reached for the remote to watch it in its entirety. Although I need my sleep I was touched by the ceremony. On election night I will miss the coverage of Tim Russert.
Now I know I spend too much time watching politics and political analysts.
Comments